My development toolkit
15 October 2022 (Updated 15 October 2022)
On this page
Here are some tools I use in my day-to-day development:
- Alfred – clipboard history, snippets, hotkeys, and other things.
- CodeSandbox – to test an idea / package, or replicate an issue in an isolated environment.
- caniuse – to check if some CSS or JS is supported enough to be used.
- Excalidraw – to make visualizations.
- Google Calendar – to manage schedule and reminders. Very flexible tool that can do so much.
- Fonts Ninja – Chrome extension to quickly detect fonts on a page.
- iTerm – terminal emulator. Just gotten used to it now though not sure it’s much better than default terminal.
- JetBrains IDEs – PHPStorm, Webstorm, Pycharm, IntelliJ – depending on the project.
- LastPass – Password manager
- Lucidchart – to make flowcharts / visualize complex processes
- Postman – for working with REST APIs
- Roam Research – for note-taking / freewriting
- Screenshot.app. – to take screenshots
- SourceTree – to go through Git changes carefully
- TablePlus – to work with SQL databases.
- Wappalyzer – to see what technologies a website uses.
- Vim – vim-mode all the things.
Tools to checkout
- Browserstack – worth the price if you need to test on different devices & platforms which you mostly need to as a front-end dev. Saves time compared to setting up virtual machines.
- Kap – screen recording tool