What is API Platform?
31 May 2022 (Updated 17 July 2022)
API Platform is a set of tools that help you build and consume web APIs. It consists of the following components:
- The API component: A PHP library used to create REST or GraphQL APIs. This component helps you implement CRUD operations, filtering, pagination, validation, sorting, CORS, security, access control, generating OpenAPI spec, content type negotiation, etc.
- Schema generator component
- Admin component: a web GUI that’s generated by parsing the API documentation. Built on top of React Admin.
- Client generator component: generates a front-end (e.g. React, Next.js, Vue, Nuxt.js, React Native) that parses the documentation of the API.
- Docker definitions & Helm chart: used to develop and deploy on the cloud.
The API Platform team maintains a demo app that you can use as a reference / get a sense of how it can be used:
Tagged: API Platform